Welcome to Wizards and Wands. My blog dedicated to the residents of my miniature village and houses. Here you will find tales from the characters in my 12th scale houses and shops and some of my favourite miniature wands and possessions. A little bit of fun from a magical, but rainy Wales x


Monday 5 September 2011

Then along came the wizards and a Goblin



Having witches in Hazell Hill, meant that I had to have wizards too and whilst browsing through Etsy one day in 2010, I came across this wonderful pair if wizards. Sculpted by Cee of Oberon's Wood, they were perfect for my Wizards and Wands Bookstore, with the exact look I was after...the right age, the right look on their faces and great robes.

This is Sambucus Spearwort, the proprietor of Wizards and Wands.... 



and his good friend Wizard Polemonium, who is in charge of the Wizard and Wands Bookstore



Working for him is my wonderful Goblin... Gibson....




who I bought at Miniatura in 2010 from Jain of Giddy Kipper Dolls


Some months later, I decided to build a wizarding sweetshop... and of course, I had to have a special wizard sweet maker...




So I contacted my friend Joy of Adora Bella Minis and she sculpted Oswald.... he is perfect, with rounded cheeks and frizzy hair trying to escape from under his hat! As my project progresses, he will have sticky sweet dabs on his as yet pristine white apron, where he will of wiped his sticky, sweet making hands on his apron!

Keeping him company in the sweet shop, is his wife Matilda, also sculpted by Joy.
She is adorable, but alas, I think she has been at the sweets again with those goofy looking teeth ;0)



and here they both are... behind the counter of Maple and Pear Confectioners.....


Totally wonderful together :0)



This post is copyright and no images or text may be copied without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment